Who can file for a Certificate of Non-Coverage for Worker’s Comp?

Sole Proprietors, Partners of a Partnership, or Members of an LLC who devote full time to the Proprietorship, or Partnership, are presumed to be “employees” for Workers’ Compensation purposes and subject to coverage for themselves UNLESS they obtain a Certificate of Non-coverage from the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission.

Note: A Corporation can file a letter with their insurance carrier, signed by each officer of the corporation that wishes to be excluded, stating that they wish to be excluded from the existing Worker’s Compensation Policy. Officers of a “Corporation” cannot file non-coverage forms.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these tags : <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>